|Attention aspiring voice-over artists!
Finally, a step-by-step formula to get you started in your voice-over career, even if you don't have a clue where to begin!
Dear Emerging Voice Actor:
- Are you someone who'd like to start making money with your voice, but just don't know where to start?
- Do you want to start your own business as a voice actor but feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information available?
- Would you like to know more about the voice-over industry but simply don't know anyone who's working in the business to ask?
- Are you tired of commuting to work and would prefer to work from home instead? (So your “commute” consists of walking downstairs to your home office/studio.)
- Have you been craving fun and flexibility in your career so your can set your OWN hours and run your OWN show but feel stuck in a rut where you are?
If this describes you, I want you to know you're in exactly the right place.
Want to try before you buy?
Enter your email address below to receive a FREE,
18-page excerpt of
The Voice Actor's Tool Box!
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to me and I promise to never, ever, sell, rent, trade, or share your email with anyone or any other organization.
"Maxine Dunn's new eBook, The Voice Actor's Tool Box, is notable in many, many ways - especially to me. As a long-time editor/publisher, I admire the highly organized and quick-reading content. It's a joy to read and makes learning easy. And as a voice actor, I appreciate her thorough approach to the business, starting with the advice to "set your goals right away." I'd say Maxine achieved her goals with this book!"
—John Florian, Founder/Publisher, VoiceOverXtra
And that desire you feel to get started in voice-overs
means it's time to get going on this idea!
And I want you to know that I understand where you're coming from right now. I know the scary feeling of venturing into new territory and having no idea of where to begin.
I'm Maxine Dunn, and over 15 years ago I was a beginning voice actor. I was grasping at straws trying to figure out who to get coaching from, how to create a voice-over demo, and how to build a website. (And considering how low-tech I was, that part was terrifying!)
I'd been modeling for a living for some time and done some commercial acting, but voice-over was a whole new ball of wax. A completely different business and I really felt I was starting from square one. (Maybe like you feel right now!)
Well it's been many years since those early days of sitting at my desk with an empty calendar, nervously making cold calls to try and make contact with voice-over clients. And I'm proud to say that over the years I've now worked with literally hundreds of clients and operate my full-time voice-over business from my home studio/office in beautiful Colorado.
But even though I have a steady clientele and feel confident and secure in my voice-over career, I want to say again that I completely relate to how YOU feel right now!
I've been exactly where you are now: not knowing what to do next, not knowing who to call, and not knowing whose advice to take. And also feeling overwhelmed by all the choices I was facing. In other words, having tons of desire and passion to get started, but being unsure of where to turn because everything seemed so complicated.
Well don't worry. I decided to put together an incredible resource of how-to information for you that will make this journey SO MUCH EASIER! You can breathe a big sigh of relief because everything you need to get started in voice-overs is right here, right now.
"I was in need of a new mindset and a plan for addressing the challenges of my growing voiceover business, so I contacted Maxine. She was phenomenal! She carefully reviewed our website and online presence and made excellent observations and recommendations on how to increase our visibility. The results have been wonderful. Her positive energy was contagious and her recommendations were spot-on. I highly recommend her as a voiceover business coach."
—Rosi Amador, Spanish/English Voiceover Actor www.amadorbilingualvoiceovers.com
Trying to absorb TOO much information from TOO many
different sources is not a good strategy!
Don't get me wrong, there's lots of information on the Internet, many voice-over books, as well as articles about voice-over. But sometimes when there's so much information in so many different places, it's almost impossible to discern the sequential steps necessary to get started. You can end up in overwhelm because there's no clear strategy of “Step 1, Step 2, Step 3…” Too much information can end up just being a jumble. You can find yourself not doing anything and putting your big dream ON HOLD. And if you want a career in voice-overs, that's not where you want to be.
That's why I decided to create this eBook...
|Even though I saw that a lot of information was available, I didn't see anything for emerging voice actors like you that would make starting your career EASIER FOR YOU. That would lead you by the hand and show you exactly what to do next, and when to do it. And that's exactly what this eBook is going to do for you!
Want to make that voice-over dream a reality? Get started now!
The secret to getting started quickly and effectively is to have
step-by-step strategies that you can follow easily.
Just imagine being able to:
"Maxine's book is perfect for anyone just starting out in the voiceover industry. Breaking into this business can be confusing but the information in "The Voice Actor's Toolbox" is simple to follow and comprehend. The tips and worksheets are great for everyone at every level. I definitely recommend this book as part of your VO library."
—Dan Friedman, Producer, Voice Talent, Author
- Get started on your voice-over career immediately, tonight! With just two simple action steps that will start you feeling like a voice actor NOW.
- Know how to easily choose from the dozens of voice-over coaches available, and decide on the best voice-over coach and training program for YOU.
- Stop freaking out about “not knowing how to create your voice-over demo,” and discover exactly what to put on your demo, how and where to produce it, and how to make it stand out and get clients' attention.
- Design your voice-over website to attract great clients, present yourself in the most professional way possible, and showcase your voice-over demos brilliantly.
- Feel confident and relaxed when contacting new clients on the phone, and know exactly what to say.
- Learn exactly what you'll need to set up your home recording studio so you can record voice-overs from home.
And that's just for starters!
You CAN do this. And everything you need is right here, right now.
I know that breaking into a career in voice-over is challenging. You have to be motivated and have a lot of desire. But I also know that it's ABSOLUTELY DOABLE if you have the right guidance at the same time!
And that's where I come in. I'm here to help you!
"Maxine, if you ever decide to add "personal business coach" to your amazing resume, please put me at the top of your client list. I will jump on that opportunity!"
—Laura Branch Mireles, Voice Actor, Producer
I want to do everything I can to help you get started in the best possible way and set you up for success. So to show you just how packed full of valuable information The Voice Actor's Tool Box
is, I'll outline the chapters here for you to see. Each and every one a critical step in your voice-over business journey.
Chapter 1 — The part YOU play in the world of voice-overs. Overview of the industry and where you fit in.
- Learn what voice-overs ARE and what voice-acting IS.
- Discover how to start noticing the constant stream of voice-overs you hear daily.
- Determine where your voice would be used effectively in the world of voice-overs.
- Become familiar with the incredible diversity of voice-over “niches.”
- Learn about voice-over trends.
Chapter 2 — Setting your voice-over business goals: How to create your successful voice-over career in advance.
- Learn how setting goals for your voice-over career can accelerate your success.
- Discover the five important areas where you'll need to set goals right away.
- How each goal must include these five key components to be successful.
- Includes helpful bonus Goal Setting Worksheets in Appendix A.
Chapter 3 — First things first: Coaching and training. How to choose the best coach for you and what to expect from your voice-over training.
- How to choose the right type of training program based on your learning style.
- How to budget your finances for your voice-over training.
- Tips for working with a great voice-over coach, no matter where you're located.
- What to expect from your voice-over coaching and what to expect of your coach.
- Includes a comprehensive list of coaches I recommend in Maxine's Gold Resource Rolodex, (Appendix K), listed under “Coaches and Training Programs for Voice-Over.”
Chapter 4 — Your voice-over demo. Everything you need to know to create a fabulous audio resume that clients will love.
- Learn about all the different types (“niches”) of voice-over demos.
- How to create a voice-over demo when you haven't done any jobs yet.
- Where to find scripts to use to record for your demo.
- Exactly what type of materials to put on your voice-over demo.
- When and where to record your demo.
- How to prepare for your demo-recording session.
- Includes a comprehensive list of demo producers I recommend in Maxine's Gold Resource Rolodex, (Appendix K), who can help you create your voice-over demo(s). Listed under “Demo Production.”
Chapter 5 — Your voice-over website: Advertise your voice-over services 24/7/365 with your most important marketing tool.
- How to choose a domain name and professional email address.
- How to choose a web designer and web host.
- What to include in your voice-over website and what to leave out.
- Do's and don'ts of a successful voice-over website.
Chapter 6 — Your voice-over home office: Setting up shop as the CEO of your voice-over business.
- Tips for determining where to locate your voice-over home office in your home.
- How to set up a fully equipped home office with everything you'll need to do business, right from day one.
- Outline of the different types of business accounts you'll need to open to start doing business. (Hint – they're necessary, and quick and easy to set up.)
- How to set up your voice-over home office efficiently, even if you're on a tight budget.
Chapter 7 — Your contact management system: How to keep track of all those clients and contacts.
- How to keep track of your clients and contacts and what your choices are. (Online and offline.)
- What details to include in your contact management system records.
- When to establish your contact management system.
Chapter 8 — Your home recording studio. Getting set up to record voice-overs from home.
- How to choose the best place in your home for your studio.
- What the best choices are for sound-recording software.
- How to evaluate your choices for recording equipment, (microphone, etc.).
- Includes list of recommended equipment you'll need to set up your starter studio.
- Includes recommended home studio design consultant resources in my Gold Resource Rolodex (Appendix K), if you need help with the set-up, installation, technical help and recording software when setting up your studio. Listed under “Home Recording Studio Design Consultants.”
Chapter 9 — Your voice-over rates: How to set your fees, charge what you're worth, and get paid quickly.
- Discover mindset strategies that will help you establish a feeling of high value, right from the start.
- How to set your fees based on several different criteria.
- How to set a minimum fee.
- How to negotiate fees and payment terms with clients.
- Includes fee-quote letter template in Appendix D.
Chapter 10 — Marketing your voice-over services. Get the word out that your doors are open for business and start attracting those clients!
- Discover exactly what voice-over marketing IS.
- Discover what types of voice-over clients are available, which ones to approach and how and where to find them.
- Learn the #1 way to stay top-of-mind with your voice-over clients.
- Includes Bonus Article: "The Importance of Your Marketing Materials" in Appendix G. Learn all about the value of your peripheral marketing materials such as business cards, gifts, and post card mailings.
Chapter 11 — Talent agents and unions. What they are and what they do for you.
- Learn how rates differ when working non-union and union voice-over jobs.
- Discover the benefits of having a reputable agent working on your behalf.
- Discover the purpose of unions and the benefits of working with an actors union.
A listing of over 125 voice-over related terms that will help with your understanding of what's being discussed in this book and that you'll encounter in your voice-over career.
Maxine's Gold Resource Rolodex
A listing of over 120 valuable resources, with weblinks, that you can use in your voice-over career. Voice-over coaches, demo producers, audio editing software, branding experts, website design, domain name purchase resources, client gifts, home recording studio design consultants, dialect coaches, voice-over legal resources, and many, many more.
"My voice over business was not growing and I had no idea why. I sent an email to Maxine one afternoon, hoping to score a gig but, what I received from her was eminently more valuable. Her advice helped me to make changes to my website and to my demos which made me immediately more attractive to prospective clients. Her continued wise counsel on handling slow paying clients, dealing with lost business, and adjusting my own rates has made me more confident, more marketable, and more profitable. I treasure her experience, her talent, and more importantly, her friendship. If you're working with Maxine Dunn, you're working with one of the best."
—Ed Thompson, Voice Over Artist, Omaha, Nebraska USA www.edthompsonvoiceovers.com
But that's not all you'll get.
I'm also including 11 helpful bonuses, Appendix A - K!
Worksheets, scripts, templates and tips
||Goal-setting worksheets and planning
||Invoice template for voice-over jobs
||Cold calling scripts and helpful tips
||Fee quote letter template
||Asking for a referral letter template
||“Anatomy of a Successful Cold Call”
||“The Importance of Your Marketing Materials”
||“How to Build a Great Business Reputation”
||“How to Ace Your First Studio Session”
||“You Are Saying Thank You, Aren't You?”
||Maxine's Gold Resource Rolodex
My personal “I want you to be satisfied” guarantee!
You can purchase The Voice Actor's Tool Box, Beginner's Edition
risk free because I offer a ONE YEAR, money-back guarantee.
I'm offering this iron clad guarantee because I want you to feel confident knowing that I stand behind this eBook, 100%.
I'm confident that you'll find absolutely everything you need to get started on your voice-over career with integrity and in the right way, right here.
But if for some reason The Voice Actor's Tool Box doesn't meet your expectations, contact me and I'll refund your money for up to one year from your purchase date.
I'm delighted to help you on your journey into voice-overs!
The Voice Actor's Tool Box
Are you ready to learn everything you need to know to get going on your voice-over career?
Just click on the secure order link below so I can send you "The Voice Actor's Tool Box" immediately!
P.S. You don’t have to wait another day to start making your dream a reality. Once you purchase The Voice Actor’s Tool Box you can download it instantly and even get started tonight! This year, right NOW, is the PERFECT time to make your dreams HAPPEN. And if one of your dreams is getting started in voice-overs, this eBook is exactly what you need to get going.
P.P.S. And in “Maxine’s Gold Resource Rolodex”
(one of the many bonuses I’ve included with the eBook), you’ll find lists of voice-over coaches and training programs, voice-over demo producers, home recording studio consultants and web designers that I personally recommend. And much, MUCH more…
P.P.P.S After your information is received and your purchase is complete, you'll receive an electronic receipt and instructions on how to download your eBook immediately.